You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/15/2014 11:56 pm  #1

The 2013/2014 Broadway Musical Season!

Gods, y'all. We are in for a treat this season, aren't we? We got off to a bang late last year and y'all, this season is going to be solid. So lets discuss, shall we!

I'm using this post as my guide, because the one on Playbill wasn't complete from the start. My thoughts follow.

First Date - I really don't understand why this was so big, besides Zachary Levi.
Big Fish - To me, it is a shame this didn't last longer. Norbert Leo Butz is perfect in everything he does and it seemed lovely.
A Night with Janis Joplin - I've heard nothing about this except the chick playing Janis is apparently outstanding.
A Gentlemen's Guide to Love and Murder - *pffft* Cheap ripoff of The Mystery of Edwin Drood. Which did it first and better.
After Midnight - Interesting concept! I'd actually love to go up and see k.d. lang in the role.
Beautiful: The Carole King Musical - Okay, not even going to lie. This is my favorite show of the bunch. I love the actress playing Carole King and her adorable vlog on broadway.com, I love Carole King's music, I have several audio bootlegs so I've heard it at several different stages of the production. It's just wonderful to me. I want to see the girl playing Carole get a Tony.
The Bridges of Madison County - *barf* I hated that book, I hated that movie. I don't know why a musical had to exist of it. I love Kelli O'Hara but... what the hell even.
Rocky - So excited for this one! It really sounds like a new an interesting thing for Broadway.
Aladdin - Meh.
Les Misérables - Did the world need another Les Mis revival?
If/Then - I think I've made plain my intense dislike of Idina Menzel, right?
Bullets Over Broadway - This has HIT written all over it if we go by the footage from the presser this week.
Violet - Huh. Okay. Don't know much about this.
Hedwig and the Angry Inch - *shrug* I'm not OVERLY fond of NPH. He seems likeable enough and he can sing. And I do like Hedwig. What I'm excited about is that people are saying that after he's done with the show, they should get Jinkx Monsoon to play Hedwig, which I would be all fucking over.
Cabaret - Really don't know why we needed a revival of this, either.

And that's not including stuff we haven't heard about yet, if there is anything!

Last edited by Boomdiada (2/15/2014 11:58 pm)

http://i.imgur.com/PvIuMeD.png
You're so nice. You're not good, you're not bad, you're just nice.
I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right. I'm the witch. You're the world.

blog // tumblr

2/25/2014 8:30 pm  #2

Re: The 2013/2014 Broadway Musical Season!

I SO want to see the new Les Mis. I'm a HUGE Les Mis fan, and this cast is stellar. Four words: Ramin Karimloo as Valjean. That's all I need to hear. It also has Andy Mientus and Nikki M. James, which makes me happy. If I could afford a trip to NYC, those are the first tickets I'd buy.

I don't know about another Cabaret revival, though. It seems like every production goes out of its way to be more shocking than the one that came before it.

http://i.imgur.com/kpZvOpW.jpg

2/25/2014 10:03 pm  #3

Re: The 2013/2014 Broadway Musical Season!

iwillfly85 wrote:

I SO want to see the new Les Mis. I'm a HUGE Les Mis fan, and this cast is stellar. Four words: Ramin Karimloo as Valjean. That's all I need to hear. It also has Andy Mientus and Nikki M. James, which makes me happy. If I could afford a trip to NYC, those are the first tickets I'd buy.

I don't know about another Cabaret revival, though. It seems like every production goes out of its way to be more shocking than the one that came before it.

I'm just so sick of Les Mis. however... Will Swenson? Now that? That I could be all over, especially him getting to work with Caisse Levy again, they had such good chemistry in HAIR.

http://i.imgur.com/PvIuMeD.png
You're so nice. You're not good, you're not bad, you're just nice.
I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right. I'm the witch. You're the world.

blog // tumblr

Board footera