You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/15/2014 9:46 pm  #1

EUC Kirsten wig or where to buy one

The time has come for me to rewig my childhood Kirsten, whose wig is a mess. Does anyone have a like-new Kirsten wig they'd be willing to sell to me for a decent price or trade for? If selling, please note that I will send you a money order by mail, as I cannot pay with PayPal.
If not, does anyone know of a site where I can find a lookalike?
Thanks!

Last edited by annaandthegirls (9/17/2014 6:14 pm)

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."- Tom Baker, Doctor Who

9/20/2014 8:52 pm  #2

Re: EUC Kirsten wig or where to buy one

annaandthegirls wrote:

The time has come for me to rewig my childhood Kirsten, whose wig is a mess. Does anyone have a like-new Kirsten wig they'd be willing to sell to me for a decent price or trade for? If selling, please note that I will send you a money order by mail, as I cannot pay with PayPal.
Thanks!

Doll hospital will give you an entire new head for like $44 roundtrip, might be worth it?  I've considered that as my Kirsten's wig is frizzed all over.  I hear they have different hair now.

9/21/2014 12:46 pm  #3

elizibithica wrote:

annaandthegirls wrote:

Thanks!

Doll hospital will give you an entire new head for like $44 roundtrip, might be worth it?  I've considered that as my Kirsten's wig is frizzed all over.  I hear they have different hair now.

Hmm, true. I'd like to try my hand at rewigging, though, and $44 is a bit too much for me.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."- Tom Baker, Doctor Who

9/22/2014 6:24 pm  #4

annaandthegirls wrote:

elizibithica wrote:

annaandthegirls wrote:

Thanks!

Hmm, true. I'd like to try my hand at rewigging, though, and $44 is a bit too much for me.

Ah yes it is a lot. I also wonder if there would be any difference in skin tone between PC Kirsten and Mattel Kirsten and that would irritate me if there was.

9/22/2014 6:57 pm  #5

elizibithica wrote:

I also wonder if there would be any difference in skin tone between PC Kirsten and Mattel Kirsten and that would irritate me if there was.

Maybe? My Kirsten, who is PC, is darker than Olive, who is a Mattel Molly doll. Kirsten kind of looks like she has a slight tan. Looking at pictures, it looks like vinyl might have a tendency to darken as it ages.

My girls: Kirsten Johanna Larson (c. 1854: Ryd, Sweden/ Minnesota), Olive Leah Fonseca (c. 1887: East London, UK), Eva Marie Graff (c. 1926: Upper Michigan)

Board footera