You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/07/2014 3:04 pm  #1

Outlander Fans?

Anyone here an Outlander series fan?  WDYT of the newest; Written in my own heart's blood?  Are you excited about the show coming to Starz in Aug? 

Andrea
Felicity :: Compo Shirley
DD-  Kit :: Violet

9/17/2014 12:43 am  #2

Re: Outlander Fans?

Hooked,line, and sinker. My BFF started reading the first book and when she started on the second one. She told me I'd like the book and maybe the show, I started in on both and am now well hooked.

I will put it out there as far as the first book is concerned (Outlander). There are several near rape attempts both m/m and m/f. Read at your own risk, I had to do some skimming.

That aside I love the book, am almost done with the first book. And ready to dive intot the second one.
Jamie and Clarie's chemistry is awesome both on the page and on the screen. Equally awesome are the actors, he really is a Scot and she's Irish (so honestly an outlander).

Bonus the author makes a cameo ala Stephen King in one of the episodes, telling Jamie to "hush". My BFF was the one that caught it and double checked. Yep it was her.

Last edited by RunswithWolves (9/17/2014 12:43 am)

9/17/2014 7:22 am  #3

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Starz series.  I don't get the channel and I haven't watched the first episode yet although I have the link bookmarked. 

I do like that Claire is a total badass who still doesn't mind a few frills.  It seems like that's uncommon in adult heroines, and it's ridiculously rare in romances.  (Bella and Anastasia, I'm looking at you.)

Last edited by tatortotcassie (9/17/2014 7:22 am)

9/17/2014 6:22 pm  #4

tatortotcassie wrote:

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Starz series.  I don't get the channel and I haven't watched the first episode yet although I have the link bookmarked. 

I do like that Claire is a total badass who still doesn't mind a few frills.  It seems like that's uncommon in adult heroines, and it's ridiculously rare in romances.  (Bella and Anastasia, I'm looking at you.)

Clarie being her badass self is one of the reasons I love the book. Plus she knows a mess of information about history,healing, and what could be called the healing arts. Toss in her often dry wit and she's an engaging character. That pulls no punches and makes no aplologies for herself. Jamie has even been on the reciving end of her snark and her foot (she has a knack for triping over him).

9/18/2014 10:23 pm  #5

There's a line in one of the books, I think the second, where Claire says to Jamie that at the Battle of Culloden, "the clans will be crushed.  They'll never rise again, not in your lifetime and not in mine." 

I couldn't stop thinking of that line when I heard Scotland would be voting about independence.  I know Scotland got their own parliament a year after "Braveheart" came out.  I wonder if "Outlander" (the show) spurred any interest in the Scotland Yes push.

9/19/2014 10:34 pm  #6

tatortotcassie wrote:

There's a line in one of the books, I think the second, where Claire says to Jamie that at the Battle of Culloden, "the clans will be crushed.  They'll never rise again, not in your lifetime and not in mine." 

I couldn't stop thinking of that line when I heard Scotland would be voting about independence.  I know Scotland got their own parliament a year after "Braveheart" came out.  I wonder if "Outlander" (the show) spurred any interest in the Scotland Yes push.

Maybe. I already have prior knowledge of the Clans before reading the book or watching the show.

Speaking of the books, I finished the first one last night and have the second one on hand.  While needing to catch up on last week's episode (6) before tomorrow's new episode (7). I don't get the channel, so it's a challenge to be able to watch it.

Board footera