You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/13/2014 12:14 pm  #1

In which Boom is a miserable creature and should pray for death

Monster High style!

A little background. So, a few weeks back I bought the "Ghoul Chat" two-pack of Catrine DeMew and Rochelle Goyle at Kmart (only place I've seen it, natch). Got it home, opened it up, went to attach Catrine's tail, only to find this:

(crappy cell phone pic under spoiler)

http://i.imgur.com/FOOINgP.jpg?1

She had no hole for her tail! D:

I poked around. The MH Arena was reporting other people having this problem, so I felt it was prudent to drop an email to Mattel and see about getting a replacement.

SOP with Mattel is that they no longer just send you a new doll because people abused this, but instead send you a voucher, and that's what they said they'd do. In the meantime, I went back to Kmart and bought another one - after opening the top of the boxes and sticking my hand in and feeling the doll's back to make sure there was a tail hole.

The voucher came a few days later and I put it in my wallet to save it for something special. At the time, I was thinking Legacy Day Madeline Hatter or someone along those lines.

Cut to today.

I head to Wal de Mart this morning to poke around, I went to the one I refer to as Other Wal de Mart, because it's further out. I wander around and head over to the toys. The plan was to try to find either the Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks Celestia or, better, the Rainbow Rocks Luna. I'd just seen Celestia the week before when I was there to get another My Life As... bed, but she was gone this time. I grumbled and cussed a little and then headed up the aisle to the Monster High/Ever After High section.

There wasn't much, but there was a buggy there with two boxes to be stocked. I look at them. One is this Barbie set. The other?

Monster High. Casta Fierce. !!!!

I look around to find a worker to open the box for me, but it's Wal de Mart, there's no one around. 

My keys are in my pocket and I feel my car key. It could... 

No no, that's wrong and bad, Boom...

But... Casta Fierce! If I don't do it now, I'll probably never get her! This is going to be like trying to get the original run Abbey Bominable, I know it. Grarararar. 

I look around. Still no Wal de Mart person.

Fuck it. YOLO. (Please don't hit me)

I take my keys out my pocket and use my car key to slice open the box in the buggy. I'm swift and sure and quick and it's not much longer before I have a Casta Fierce box in my buggy. I check her over for screening defects and book it out of the toy aisles. I run her under "Price Check" scanner to make sure she rings up and she does. I stop and pick up two yards of white felt for a photo backdrop on my way past the craft area (this Wal de Mart, unlike the one I usually go to, does not have a fabric section, but they have some pre-cut felt bits like that.) and hurry up to the checkouts. The whole time I keep thinking someone's going to bust me. Then I remembered that this is Wal de Mart and no one who works there cares

Checkout. Voucher. Pay. Leave with my treasure and drive like hell out of the parking lot.

So... yeah. Maybe not the nicest thing to do, but.... at this juncture, I'm still at the point where I don't care. 

http://i.imgur.com/PvIuMeD.png
You're so nice. You're not good, you're not bad, you're just nice.
I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right. I'm the witch. You're the world.

blog // tumblr

9/13/2014 4:08 pm  #2

Re: In which Boom is a miserable creature and should pray for death

I don't think it is that bad. At least you didn't open the box and then not buy it.
Congrats on your find!

9/13/2014 4:32 pm  #3

That's true. I was leaving with that doll and I knew it.

AND OH MY GOD SHE IS FABULOUS.

Review forthcoming on my blog.

http://i.imgur.com/PvIuMeD.png
You're so nice. You're not good, you're not bad, you're just nice.
I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right. I'm the witch. You're the world.

blog // tumblr

9/13/2014 5:15 pm  #4

yeah I mean I think I woud have done the same, and beside, Wally's made a sale that they otherwise would not have, so.

AND YOU GOT NEW DOLLS!

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*
Dolls of Color on tumblr
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5571/15118560417_986c681bc7.jpg

9/13/2014 8:32 pm  #5

That stuff was out on the floor to be stocked anyway. You did someone a favor by giving them 1 less item to have to put up, in my book.
Glad you got a doll you really wanted!

9/14/2014 2:45 am  #6

Eh, I'd assume you saved some poor stockperson the trouble of putting her out on the shelf. Nice find! 

9/14/2014 3:23 pm  #7

You paid for the doll and probably did the workers a favour by opening the container - I don't see the issue there.

http://i.imgur.com/AGTccOz.png
The Tumblrs: phineasfrogg

9/14/2014 7:44 pm  #8

As someone who has worked truck to floor (stocking), as long as you wheren't destorying the box or making a mess of the isle to get at the box. Alls good in my book. I've seen it done and I didn't mind,saved me the hassel of deboxing sometimes.

Congrats on Casta, she's the one current MH doll I want.

Board footera