You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/03/2014 12:45 pm  #1

Maya's Meet Outfit

I wanted to make my #31 a meet that is less generic than the AG one. Skirt, t-shirt with double sleeve and thumbholes, and shroom skirt upcycled from one of my childhood dresses because I thought the print was awesome. Also a messenger bag upcycled from my pants because I was too lazy to make a backpack that would look realistic.
http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah136/Snebula/ScreenShot2014-09-03at12714PM_zpsc3669cfa.png

Also I entered this in a contest so most of the photos are here: http://sm2014dwfashiondesignchallenge.blogspot.com/2014/08/entry-25-intermediate.html
I'm fed up with the contest at this point but would still like to win. 
(Ex. I entered as a newbie according to their guidelines. I am put in intermediate. Someone who had the same thing happen to them complains and gets it switched back. Umm no it was not an accident did you even read the guidelines saying they had the final say on your category? Also Maya was one of three dolls of color (that I counted) in the whole thing of 34ish entries. Most of the white dolls were blond as well. Also no one voted for me except me. Sorry about the minirant, I had a bad orientation at school today.)
If this is in the wrong category please move it. Thanks for reading.

9/03/2014 2:01 pm  #2

Re: Maya's Meet Outfit

I legit just sent the link for your entry to someone while I was looking through the contest entries, with the comment "this is my favourite one that I have seen so far!" I'm really impressed; even if you think you're a newbie this is absolutely on par with the intermediate level entries (it's better than some of them, frankly). I don't usually vote in this competition (I just like to look), but I just put in a vote for your entry.

I am starry-eyed and vaguely discontented.

9/03/2014 2:26 pm  #3

marycontraria wrote:

I legit just sent the link for your entry to someone while I was looking through the contest entries, with the comment "this is my favourite one that I have seen so far!" I'm really impressed; even if you think you're a newbie this is absolutely on par with the intermediate level entries (it's better than some of them, frankly). I don't usually vote in this competition (I just like to look), but I just put in a vote for your entry.

This literally just made my day. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png
 Thank you! (Although you've got a ways to go do determine a favorite...)
Now I am weirdly bursting with happiness at odd intervals. 

9/03/2014 2:57 pm  #4

I finished looking through them all! Yours was still one of my top favourites. (Along with that ridiculously ornate archery ensemble - wow - and anything that looked like a well-made school uniform!)

I am starry-eyed and vaguely discontented.

9/03/2014 3:36 pm  #5

I liked that archery one too, as well as the folklorico skirts (Marisol is jealous!). Doll-size school uniforms are just adorable.

9/03/2014 4:33 pm  #6

Voted for you!

Seriously, though, that outfit is adorable. I love the sleeves in particular, as well as the nerd pride bird! It totally looks like something one of my dolls would wear.

And honestly, I just looked through some of the entries and yours is better than all, IMO, apart from the archery outfit. The craftsmanship is easily better than most of the intermediates and some of the professionals are downright ugly.

Good luck!

9/03/2014 5:07 pm  #7

Some of the photos from other entries reminded me of Boom's blog post: if you're trying to show me what it looks like, no instagram filters please!

Last edited by Astrolurus (9/03/2014 8:01 pm)

Board footera