You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/08/2014 12:36 pm  #1

Just excited Update 9/15:It came!!

So one of my favorite websites is BeanBunny's website and shes has a specfic book that I fell in love with so I went on amazon and I ordered the Doll's Dressmakers:The pattern book. I am so excited for this book. 120 patterns unf~

The book is heavy with almost everything I need! Once I move I'll be sewing like fuckin' mad!!!

Last edited by The_littlst_zelda_fiend (9/15/2014 5:13 pm)

Adventure awaits!♥

9/08/2014 1:05 pm  #2

Re: Just excited Update 9/15:It came!!

The_littlst_zelda_fiend wrote:

So one of my favorite websites is BeanBunny's website and shes has a specfic book that I fell in love with so I went on amazon and I ordered the Doll's Dressmakers:The pattern book. I am so excited for this book. 120 patterns unf~

That's a really great book/resource!

9/08/2014 1:18 pm  #3

randomtraci wrote:

Thats what I've read and it only cost me $6.40 hardcover used on amazon!! Between the 10th and the 25th it should be here!

Adventure awaits!♥

9/08/2014 1:45 pm  #4

randomtraci wrote:

Thats what I've read and it only cost me $6.40 hardcover used on amazon!! Between the 10th and the 25th it should be here!

I hope to see some of the things you make!

9/08/2014 1:45 pm  #5

randomtraci wrote:

120 patterns--wow, that's a lot of potential outfits! Hope you have many hours of enjoyment with the book.

9/08/2014 5:09 pm  #6

Special Agent Cee wrote:

randomtraci wrote:

120 patterns--wow, that's a lot of potential outfits! Hope you have many hours of enjoyment with the book.

I have everything else I need a sewing machine, threads, soon to be patterns I only have one thing I need....FABRIC. AUGH.

Adventure awaits!♥

9/09/2014 2:59 am  #7

Is that the one written by Venus A. Dodge? I just got a copy of that -- our public library was weeding it out of the collection, so I was able to buy it for 25 cents. Their loss, my gain! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/smile.png

9/09/2014 10:07 am  #8

I have that book, too! I love that she tells you which patterns would be appropriate for which eras. Apparently AG dolls are actually a size or two up from her "18 inch" patterns-- I think I read it's better to use the 20-22 inch patterns? I haven't actually made anything from the book yet, but I'm planning to make a pinafore for Olive and a couple of dresses for Eva.

My girls: Kirsten Johanna Larson (c. 1854: Ryd, Sweden/ Minnesota), Olive Leah Fonseca (c. 1887: East London, UK), Eva Marie Graff (c. 1926: Upper Michigan)

9/09/2014 3:28 pm  #9

Congrats! I got a copy of that book before it went out of print and it is **awesome**.  As far as figuring out which size to use, the author recommends measuring your doll's bust size and then finding the bodice piece in the book that comes the closest to that measurement (with the seam allowance added in, of course)--it's a little bit more accurate than just going by the doll's height.

9/09/2014 7:09 pm  #10

Grungie wrote:

Congrats! I got a copy of that book before it went out of print and it is **awesome**. As far as figuring out which size to use, the author recommends measuring your doll's bust size and then finding the bodice piece in the book that comes the closest to that measurement (with the seam allowance added in, of course)--it's a little bit more accurate than just going by the doll's height.

ooh good point

Adventure awaits!♥

Board footera