You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/16/2014 12:19 pm  #1

Pony Question

When I was young my grandmother purchased a pony for me.  I held onto it for a few years after she passed as it reminded me of her but my mother unceremoniously tossed it (she was unaware of its sentimental value).  So I'm looking for info on it so I can repurchase.

It was fuzzy and pink with cherries on the butt.

Also, my husband doesn't think I should buy one off ebay because he thinks it's been "defiled" "somehow" by some brony LOL, but I think it'll probably be OK   

2/16/2014 1:07 pm  #2

Re: Pony Question

Fuzzy and pink with a cherry cutie mark?

Gotta be So-Soft Cherries Jubilee! If it's not, I'll eat my hat. I'll even go BUY a hat and eat it.

Is this her?

And as for being defiled by a brony? a G1? Not bloody likely. Those neckbeards hate G1.

http://i.imgur.com/PvIuMeD.png
You're so nice. You're not good, you're not bad, you're just nice.
I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right. I'm the witch. You're the world.

blog // tumblr

2/16/2014 2:18 pm  #3

Yes!!!! Oh my gosh thank you!! 

*runs off to ebay*

I'll tell him it should be safe HA!

2/16/2014 7:53 pm  #4

*Claps hands and squeals*

Cherries Jubilee is one of my absolute favorites, but one of the ones I don't have. I absolutely adore G1 ponies, and the next brony I see saying a G1 looks like a hippo will get my foot up their nose. So your eBay purchase should be safe. The only thing they'd be defiled by is a child from the eighties.

Good luck! I generally buy "bait" ponies because they're cheaper, but can still be easily restored in a lot of cases. I'm not a true expert, and you have to be a little careful restoring SS ponies, but I'd be happy to offer any of the things I know from experience work.

2/17/2014 2:41 am  #5

I adore Cherrie Jubilee. I think there's one in my Rainbow Herd--non SS, but that's okay.

And to echo the others, they'll be safe from pawing Bronies. Hell, most bro-nos are afraid of brushables.

We're now at Zetaboards!

2/17/2014 7:35 am  #6

Thanks everyone!  Ebays current offerings are a little rough, but now that I know what I'm looking for I can keep an eye out.  I'll post pics when I get one

2/17/2014 5:15 pm  #7

Yep that's Cherries Jubilee. The only G1 I've ever found at a thrift store (back in 2003). Good luck hunting on the Bay. And you should be safe from Bronies, most hate all other gens but G4.

Don't let those morons discourage you from collecting.

2/18/2014 9:30 pm  #8

Nethilia wrote:

Hell, most bro-nos are afraid of brushables.

What. o_o

I actually kind of prefer the non-brushables, because I'm too lazy to dig up the hairspray to make their hair anything even resembling show-accurate, but the brushables don't look BAD--a pony in need of some gentle brushing or detangling's got NOTHING on a badly cared for Cecile, for example.

Though I'm really not happy with the brushable aspect of the Build-a-Bear ponies; like their actual target audience of little kids, I take my stuffed animals to bed, and synthetic hair that isn't uber-expensive isn't very comfortable on bare arms. Plus, if you don't braid their hair or something (which I really should...) their manes get to be an absolute tangled mess.

Among my weirder hopeful craft projects: a ponified Sonic the Hedgehog. Believe me, his mane and tail will NOT be brushable!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/Clover-Elf/Misc%20Forum%20Postings/inwhitethereisgreen_zps5f47d096.jpg

2/20/2014 3:13 am  #9

Spydar wrote:

It was fuzzy and pink with cherries on the butt.

Well, that´s just hell freezing over - I never thought I had anything to say in the MLP forum, even though I was really into them at around age ten. And you know what? I think this one is one my sister had! And around Christmas I saw them at my parents´ place because they dug them out for my boys to play with. (As if... If it doesn´t have wheels and doesn´t shoot they are not interested.)
I´ll have a look next time I visit them and if it´s there you are most welcome to have it for free!

Last edited by Daydreamer (2/26/2014 11:28 am)

2/20/2014 7:36 am  #10

Daydreamer wrote:

Well, that´s just hell freezing over - I never thought I had anything to say in the MIL forum, even though I was really into them at around age ten. And you know what? I think this one is one my sister had! And around Christmas I saw them at my parents´ place because they dug them out for my boys to play with. (As if... If it doesn´t have wheels and doesn´t shoot they are not interested.)
I´ll have a look next time I visit them and if it´s there you are most welcome to have it for free!

Aww that's sweet of you!

My son is the same way.  When we go out and I want to look at dolls and the current girly offerings I get the standard eye roll and a "mommy, that's for girls" response.

Board footera