Stuff I do to deal with the memory problems:
- If there is something I absolutely can not forget about, I will place it on the floor in the doorway of my bedroom. That way, I can not possibly miss it. (Library books to return, empty toilet paper rolls to remind myself I need to buy TP stat, etc.)
- I set up autopay on as many bills as I can. All other bills get paid asap. If I set a bill aside, chances are too good I'll forget utterly about it until I happen across it again. ("this is... the electricity bill... due two days ago... dammit") I get uncomfortable if I can't put a paid bill in the mail the next day. If it's not a mail day, on the floor in the doorway it goes so that I remember to put it out the first postal day.
- Post it notes to myself on the inside of the screen door sure look out of place, and that makes sure I notice them before I leave the house. (I don't stick 'em on the actual screen part; that would be a little too funny looking, haha. I place them on the metal edge above the handle.)
- I take my time doing things like packing for a trip; I give myself a few days to do it, and every time I remember something else I should bring, I just pack it immediately. I know I won't remember it again later.
- Indispensible: notepad and pen in the purse. My portable brain, haha.
- If I go out to eat and have leftovers, I always write the date on the box. No more guessing at how old something is. "Did we go out Tuesday... or was it Friday?..."