You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/17/2014 3:13 pm  #1

Damn it Obitsu! (bitching)

So my first (and most loved) BJD is an Obitsu, Marie Nyassusani (long story behind all that name of hers). I got her Dec 2009 and since she's vinyl, she can handle a lot harder things than my more delicate Nikki. Including outdoor tumbles and bed snugggles.

Well, mostly. Woke up this morning, and saw her right shoulder joint had snapped. This isn't new. I've already done two knee replacements, though the first was my own stupid, and bleached out some stains.

Well since then they've replaced the entire body structure and discontinued the old one. I have to admit the new bodies are better with double joints in the knees and elbows, allowing for more natural poses. Still, I have to buy a whole new body for $200. And since I'm going out of town Tuesday, it won't get here before I leave, so she and I have to spend Texas with her arm in a sling. 

Damn it, random number generator, why did you pick today to do stupid things?

We're now at Zetaboards!

5/17/2014 6:39 pm  #2

Re: Damn it Obitsu! (bitching)

That's massively frustrating!  Which size body is she on?

It's funny, I was actually just checking out the Obsitu listing on The Junky Spot earlier today, and I had never realized before what a variety of dolls they have - they have some really interesting stuff!

5/18/2014 4:36 am  #3

I know the feeling. I need to get a replacement part for the hip joint on mine.
It´s an older model (at least 7-8 years old) and the plastic has just gone brittle and given way.

http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cross.png

5/18/2014 4:18 pm  #4

Hervoyel wrote:

That's massively frustrating!  Which size body is she on?

She was a 47cm, I had to replace her legs a year ago which skewed her height because they only had 55cm legs. But since I now have to do a full body replacement, I'll probably get another 47 cm body.

We're now at Zetaboards!

6/11/2014 8:18 pm  #5

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Nethilia/Nethilia002/IMG_2816_zpsfc7fe31e.jpg

All repaired! I had the new body shipped such that it got here the same day I got back in town. Spent yesterday painting back on her elaborate body scars.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Nethilia/Nethilia002/IMG_2811_zps420516d2.jpg

You can kind of see them here. I did them with a more subtle pink than before, but might add darker spots. She has them everywhere.

We're now at Zetaboards!

8/11/2014 3:11 am  #6

Love her!  Where do you get your Obitsu parts, Neth?  Junkyspot, perhaps?

8/14/2014 12:39 am  #7

vadafade wrote:

I actually order direct from Parabox--the shipping is high but I put up with it.

We're now at Zetaboards!

8/26/2014 8:01 am  #8

She's so cute. Glad she's feeling better and what's the story behind her name?

8/26/2014 12:39 pm  #9

Nethilia wrote:

vadafade wrote:

I actually order direct from Parabox--the shipping is high but I put up with it.

Oh, I love Parabox. I buy all my Obitsus there (for my Pullips). Even after currency conversion, it's still actually cheaper than buying from Junkyspot or Mimiwoo. And their shipping is surprisingly fast!

9/18/2014 6:04 pm  #10

Reviving an old-ish thread to randomly ask--hey Neth, got any plans for that old body? 

(Geez, this is the second time this week I've asked about your bodies... XD)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/Clover-Elf/Misc%20Forum%20Postings/inwhitethereisgreen_zps5f47d096.jpg

Board footera