You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/18/2014 10:51 pm  #1

First concert you ever attended

Title says it all!

Mine was Boys II Men ft. Mary J. Blige and LL Cool J

Last edited by Nethilia (2/19/2014 4:36 am)

2/19/2014 4:19 am  #2

Re: First concert you ever attended

Savage Garden. They broke up the band, two months after I saw them live.

2/19/2014 4:40 am  #3

Ooo....consciously? Cause I used to see tons of bands without really knowing them at the Houston International Festival. But probably the first one I remember as an adult was Destiny's Child at my college. I It was actually when they were in transition and so it was Beyoncé and one of the others--maybe Kelly--were there and it was terribad. But the better one I went to was Chaka Khan, and it was open crowd and I managed to wiggle my sister and me up to the front standing area area and we saw her close up.

We're now at Zetaboards!

2/19/2014 7:29 pm  #4

Fuck this is embarrassing but here we go.

New Kids on the Block on July 4, 1990 at Harriet Island in St. Paul, Minnesota.

http://i.imgur.com/PvIuMeD.png
You're so nice. You're not good, you're not bad, you're just nice.
I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right. I'm the witch. You're the world.

blog // tumblr

2/19/2014 11:54 pm  #5

The Jacksons Victory Tour. It was in 1984. Did I just date myself? Yeah.... but it was Michael Jackson. The size of a speck because I was in the serious nosebleed seats!

Boomdiada--do not be embarrassed about New Kids on the Block. I attended one of their shows too and would have gone to more but they kept selling out before I could get tickets.

http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/tongue.gif Ronni

2/20/2014 1:12 am  #6

Boomdiada wrote:

Fuck this is embarrassing but here we go.

New Kids on the Block on July 4, 1990 at Harriet Island in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Nooooo don't be embarrassed! Gotta love the NKotB!

I'm almost 30 and I have never actually been to a concert. I almost got to go to an Areosmith concernt for my 17th birthday but they canceled

2/20/2014 10:43 am  #7

mcooper wrote:

I'm almost 30 and I have never actually been to a concert. I almost got to go to an Areosmith concernt for my 17th birthday but they canceled

I´m glad to hear that because I´m way past 30 and have never been to a concert like that. Sometimes I go to classical concerts with seating but I could never go to a rock/pop/something like that concert. I really hate crowds, they make me supernervous. And I get headaches easily if music is played too loudly.

2/20/2014 3:20 pm  #8

My first concert was Rick Springfield back in his heyday in the early 80's.  I've been to tons of concerts since, but I still maintain that that was the best concert I've ever been too.  He was so energetic and a great performer.  Now I want to dig out my old records and listen to them. Sigh...

2/20/2014 6:19 pm  #9

Was not allowed to go to rock concerts as a kid so technically my first concert was the Newsboys/Stephen Curtis Chapman show I went to in high school.

2/21/2014 12:10 am  #10

Daydreamer wrote:

mcooper wrote:

I´m glad to hear that because I´m way past 30 and have never been to a concert like that. Sometimes I go to classical concerts with seating but I could never go to a rock/pop/something like that concert. I really hate crowds, they make me supernervous. And I get headaches easily if music is played too loudly.

I really want to go! But I don't like people, especially people in crowds with loud noises. However if I ever get the chance to see my beloved Areosmith live I'm so there!

Board footera